If you know me in the 'real-world'... Keep it to yourself.

Do NOT tell my friends and family about this blog!

This blog is a work in progress. Eventually, when it grows up, it wants to look pretty. Or maybe dark and dangerous.

Hmm... well come back later and see for yourself...

If you want to contact me but are a) too chicken to leave a public comment and
b) too lazy to look up my email address from my profile
use the form below.

Name:
Email Address:

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Seasons greetings...

My Christmas's over the past few years have uniformly sucked. This year I decided I'd quit whining about what I couldn't have and make this Christmas really special. And I tried. I really did. But Christmas was Christmas as usual. Some nice moments, lots of hard work, and an amazing display of the power your family has to affect your mood.

That said, this Christmas was special for many other reasons. So many things have become clearer over the past few days. So many questions I've had, have been answered. Unexpectedly. Beautifully.

I don't normally write about religion. I do believe that everyone needs to believe in something, but that's for each one to find for themselves.

But this is Christmas. And I need to say this...

The world is going to hell and God isn't interfering. And I can understand His viewpoint. Most people today don't want him and don't believe in him. And as the world steps away from God, I can picture him sitting down resignedly and watching sadly as everything gets messed up. And I feel so sorry for Him. It must be so hard to see your baby turning away from you and telling you to keep out of his life. Because though the scrapes and cuts your baby gets when he's playing games with his friends don't matter in the end, it's hard to watch him fall and cry while you just stand by.

So this Christmas I'm praying for a little interference and a little meddling in my life in the year ahead. My life needs it.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been subjected to some pretty major "interference" and while there were times when I've complained and cried foul and screamed "no fair!", I think this past year, I was bloody darn grateful for some plain old meddling. God knows I couldn't have made it alone. :0)

Anonymous said...

Same to ya...
_________ ♥
__________ ♣♣♣    
__________♣♣ტ ♣  
_________ ♣ტ♣ტ♣
________ ♣♣♣ტ♣♣♣
________♣♣ტ♣♣♣♣ტ
_______♣ტ♣♣♣♣ტ♣♣♣
______♣ტ♣♣ტ♣♣♣♣♣♣ტ
_____♣ტ♣♣♣♣♣ტ♣♣♣♣ტ♣
____♣♣♣ტ♣♣♣ტ♣♣♣♣ტ♣♣♣
________\\\\_////
_________\\\_///
_________-▓▓▓▓

Good nah... [;)]

Anonymous said...

God does Interfere In Each & Everyone's Life...
He has His Own way of Interfering....
It's only dat we fail to Recognise His Way.

We need Courage to Recognise & Accept it...

Merry Christmas & a Successful New Year 2007.

Kshitij L said...

The World's going through puberty, and GODDAMN them hormones aren't helping any.

And all I can say is, Welcome to the club, World.

tangled said...

That explains so much.

KD13 said...

@ OJ - :) I used to keep hoping there's a plan, but now I'm pretty convinced we're playing a silly little game called life. And though I know it's a game, I know a little interference could make it a lot more fun.

@ candy tosser - Nice tree. And nice seeing you here. :)

@ broken-leg - I hope he sends some nice and clear signals to me this year. I'm only worried that I'll be listening so hard that I'll grab any passing whisper as a direction from up above.

@ suspect - Nah. Puberty doesn't make you as arrogant. I think the world is hitting that time in life when it thinks its got it made. It's got its cake and is eating it too...

@ tangled - I think so too. :)

Sh'shank said...

I wish u a merry Christmas and suggest you read
NIGHT by Elie Wiesel
the plight and the questions asked by men to a god they believed in whil the were in concentration camps would give u a clearer picture...

KD13 said...

@ pRicky - I'll read the book but I don't think I'd get a 'clearer picture' as you suggested. My 'picture' isn't something i've 'got. It's something I've chosen to believe. I've seen a lot of suffering and abuse, mental, physical, and sexual, and while I wouldn't pretend it doesn't make me feel like shit, it doesn't change the fact that I believe in an 'afterlife' of sorts compared to which this life would be a mere moment in time.

I may be wrong but that's what I choose to believe. It's the only thing that makes some experiences bearable.

Anonymous said...

@Karen: Interesting you should mention a plan. I once wrote a post about it called Once There Was A Plan :0)

iz said...

Merry Christmas Karen. Yes it's a hard world. But there is a little magic dust still working miracles if you only look for it.

fedes said...

so christmas isn't magical anymore. so what? may be it isn;t the illusion we need, but the reality of humanity
oh man, what am i saying?
confused, but that's what having chaotic family-days can do to u!
saesons greetings to all!
life may not be that great, but we sure as hell are!

Sh'shank said...

@Karen: what you believe is not too different from other illusions you see around you...
It really is up to what u believe but pain still tends to be relative to a person and no one esle can gauge it...
I hope u get around to good cheer...
there always is a chance things will turn for better...
Himans survive merely on that shitty thing hope...

glenn said...

compliments of the season! someone shoulda told me it was christmas. Damn! That santa guy didnt show up either.

Woozie said...

Christmases.

fedes said...

n it wasn't right of them to hang saddam during this week! that just depresses me abt the state of tngs!

Kshitij L said...

I'M BAAAAAACK!!!! Please plz plz plz plz call me I'm DYING to talk to you.

tangled said...

You linked me!
:)
I'm so happy. Thank you.

Woozie said...

Did you get your interference?

SwB said...

oh yeah, i'm hoping too for some major interference/meddling whatever you want to call it! :)

Btw, do let me know when you're in Pune ok.

And here's wishing you a wonderful and exciting 2007!

much love,
SwB

Cecilia said...

hey Karen!! Welcome to Pune!! Am soooooooooo glad your here..you wont believe how much..your like a speck a sunshine in a dull grey winter sky...

Am serious..if you read my current blog you'll know how grateful i am..God got you here..

Happy stay girl..you deserve it:)

Woozie said...

Did you die?

KD13 said...

@ saltwaterblues - Am in Pune. :)

@ cecilia - Thanks :)

@ woozie - I'm as good as dead. No internet. :(