If you know me in the 'real-world'... Keep it to yourself.

Do NOT tell my friends and family about this blog!

This blog is a work in progress. Eventually, when it grows up, it wants to look pretty. Or maybe dark and dangerous.

Hmm... well come back later and see for yourself...

If you want to contact me but are a) too chicken to leave a public comment and
b) too lazy to look up my email address from my profile
use the form below.

Name:
Email Address:

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

The Stand - Stephen King

I recently read the unabridged version of 'The Stand' by Stephen King. It started of really well and I thought I knew why most of his fans say it's one of his best. Most of the characters are beautifully drawn. Half way through however the whole tone of the book changed. The only way I can explain what I mean is by saying that I felt like he started the book with one concept in mind and then half way through decided to walk on another road altogether. The end of the book seems like an act of desperation. I got the impression that SK was in such a hurry to finish the damn thing he took the easy way out. Everything is too classically 'wrapped up'. Everything is just too damn convenient. From any other author it wouldn't be that big a deal. But from the author of a book like 'Cujo'... It was a real let down.

0 comments: