If you know me in the 'real-world'... Keep it to yourself.

Do NOT tell my friends and family about this blog!

This blog is a work in progress. Eventually, when it grows up, it wants to look pretty. Or maybe dark and dangerous.

Hmm... well come back later and see for yourself...

If you want to contact me but are a) too chicken to leave a public comment and
b) too lazy to look up my email address from my profile
use the form below.

Name:
Email Address:

Sunday, October 05, 2014

Scoring with small things

I re-read a book I'd read a long time ago (Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus) and wanted to share just one of the many wonderful lessons it contains -

Men and women keep score differently.

Men give low scores to everyday acts of love/service and high scores to what they consider big gestures. Women give every act a score of one.

Moral of the story - If you want a guy to feel you've done something great for him, don't bother about the small everyday things - get him one big thing.
To please a woman - one big thing would only get the giver a score of one - so the only way to rack up a high score would be to do small things everyday.

Will edit this post later.  Just wanted to capture the thought right away... It's important and often neglected.


0 comments: