If you know me in the 'real-world'... Keep it to yourself.

Do NOT tell my friends and family about this blog!

This blog is a work in progress. Eventually, when it grows up, it wants to look pretty. Or maybe dark and dangerous.

Hmm... well come back later and see for yourself...

If you want to contact me but are a) too chicken to leave a public comment and
b) too lazy to look up my email address from my profile
use the form below.

Name:
Email Address:

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

The Conclusion of 'Goan Girl'...

I just stumbled across this blog and it did bring back so many memories...

I'm going to fill in my story over the past 2 yrs...

In my last post I was supposed to attend a conference where my old prof was teaching.

Well I went for it. He was very nice, I was very nice. I introduced my folks to him afterwards and being the warm, nice people they are they renewed my offer to show him around. HE accepted very graciously. We set off, my prof, me, my dad and my sis. We took him to various places in Goa, like Old Goa, Calangute, took him all over Panjim city and wound up with dinner at Sea Pebbles.

The next day we met him again n took him shopping. When we dropped him back he promised to get in touch. And since then... nada. zip. I haven't heard from him since then though I emailed him twice.

Well after that I thought about joining the Asian School of Cyber Laws but I wanted to know if I could also help them out part time on real cases. That didn't seem possible and then on the 13th of November I answered an interview at my college for a KPO in Pune. I wasn't that interested in the interview but I got through n thought I'd give it a shot.

The Pune branch of that KPO started with just about 30 associates, of which I was one.

Now there are more than 400 employees in Pune alone. And my designation is Asst. Manager.

Sometimes things do work out. In Jan I'll complete 2 yrs in Pune. Life is good here and while I do miss Goa sometimes I'm not ready to go back yet.

That being the case I think it's time the name of this blog was changed. From 'Goan Girl' to....

Well I haven't decided that yet.

Wait n see.

0 comments: