If you know me in the 'real-world'... Keep it to yourself.

Do NOT tell my friends and family about this blog!

This blog is a work in progress. Eventually, when it grows up, it wants to look pretty. Or maybe dark and dangerous.

Hmm... well come back later and see for yourself...

If you want to contact me but are a) too chicken to leave a public comment and
b) too lazy to look up my email address from my profile
use the form below.

Name:
Email Address:

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Freedom of Religion

I'm sick and tired of religion. And I don't care who knows it. I'm tired of the divisions it has caused, the pain it has brought, the barriers it has built.

Don't get me wrong. Religion has its strong points. It gives people a reason to be good, hope for a life after this one, a better life than this one.

But wait a minute. Is it religion that does all that or just belief in God?

As far as I'm concerned anyone who believes in God, believes in good and evil, and all the consequences that follow. All that religion should be, is the organised worship of that God. Not something that destroys the brotherhood of man.

Unfortunately, today religion has become a shortcut to war. I worship this way. So should you. Because of course God cares how we worship him. Just loving him and being good isn't enough anymore.

You don't believe in my God. And you follow such strange customs. Ofcourse you can't marry into my family. Though all of us are the children of one God, you call God by another name and he's so offended that he's excommunicated you.

I'm not letting my flat to those people. They have such disgusting habits.

I'm not working with that guy, he's a ______

All ______ can't be trusted.

I'm against the multiplicity of religions. And the ease with which new ones are created each day. Take Scientology for instance. Scientology is a way of life, a belief system, NOT a religion. And yet, because of the great privileges "religion" has, Scientology has happily carved itself a home under the umbrella of freedom of religion.

The concept of freedom of religion was created so that people could be FREE. Not forced into one particular mode of worship. And what it has become is something far different. An excuse for rituals and an excuse for rigidity. An excuse for finding fault and an excuse for intolerance.

People commit atrocities in the name of religion. Would the world be a haven of peace without religion? No, not particularly. Wars will always happens, neighbours will often fight. But at least no one would be insulting God by claiming to fight in His name.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

...this is what you want me to read here...?

direct me to the light hearted blog...

Woozie said...

Blah blah Jesus, blah blah Scientology, you have news about our beloved Suspect and you are keeping me in the dark. Why?? How is he doing, why the balls did he abruptly stop with the blogging, has he managed to avoid losing a limb in the various explosions across the country, etc.

KD13 said...

@ woozie - Suspect is fine :)

His reason for hiding his blog, in his own words "i just took it offline because of admissions happening around this time, and who wants their admission decision affected by letters-to-penis?"

As for how he's been managing to stay alive, once again in his own words, "remember the bombings in delhi? i was thirty feet away from one, and a hundred feet away from another. scary shit"

And now having quenched your immediate desire for info, I'm off to bed.

Suspect will probably drop by the tome of communism himself one of these days.

:)

KD13 said...

And as for you Cousin S - Atleast you managed to choose a good alias. Stick to this one. It rhymes with ass. Which is what you are.

FifthBeatle said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSSwKffj9o

Enjoy.

You'll at least have a nice laugh, if nothing more.

glenn said...

Some people will wrangle for religion, write for it, fight for it, die for it; anything but live for it !!