If you know me in the 'real-world'... Keep it to yourself.

Do NOT tell my friends and family about this blog!

This blog is a work in progress. Eventually, when it grows up, it wants to look pretty. Or maybe dark and dangerous.

Hmm... well come back later and see for yourself...

If you want to contact me but are a) too chicken to leave a public comment and
b) too lazy to look up my email address from my profile
use the form below.

Name:
Email Address:

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The Road Not Taken

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveller, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference

...Robert Frost

---------------------------------------

I'm fast approaching a fork in the road, and I truly believe that I must take the road less travelled. I only wish I knew why. Is it laziness? Is my choice based on all the wrong reasons?

All I know is that it is something I must do. It is something I have always done. How could I have been so blind not to see before. Do travellers sometimes take the wrong road. And if they do, are they doomed to always walk alone. Does their heart travel on the other route leaving them dispirited and lonely.

I want to be a complete person. I want to be a happy person. I've seen people settle for what they think is the best that life can offer. That's just a load of crap. Do what you have to do to survive, but do it whilst you walk on your own road.

9 comments:

glenn said...

karen, sometimes the road less travelled on is less travelled upon for a reason.

But then again whats life without risks.

Kshitij L said...

>less travelled upon for a reason.
HAHAHAHA!!! I bust a gut! That's a new twist...

Karen: specifics please. And I got the other email too, thanks!

KD13 said...

@ glenn - "karen, sometimes the road less travelled on is less travelled upon for a reason."

The road less travelled on is usually harder. But then if u survive it the rewards are usually grander too.
In either case I'll think about what u said cos the way you said it really hits the point home. :)

@ suspect - sorry, I'd love to, but for me specifics are the sacrifices I offer on the altar of non-anonymity. ;)

Kshitij L said...

oookaayyy ... good luck anyway. Carry camping equipment, and learn how to use a compass. Sometimes them not-so-travelled-by paths aren't too friedly :)

SwB said...

The thing with taking the road less travelled is you should have the grit and the courage to go all the way. And even if you do, so much depends on what we call 'luck'. That is why it so often happens that at the end of it all you find it was just not worth it.

glenn said...

smaller steps are easier to retrace back. dont jump if your not sure. like they say 'if you dont wanna win. dont try.

Anonymous said...

You do realise it wud be so much eaiser to tell u what we think if you were a little more specific.

KD13 said...

@ suspect - thanks for the advice. Camping gear n a parachute all packed :)

@ saltwater blues - I used to believe in luck. Never got me anywhere so I dumped it. Now I believe in positive thinking :D

@ glenn - you're really the cautious kind aren't you? I'm not really like that. I think a lot at first, but once I decide there's no turning back even if my decision is just based on the flip of a coin.

@ john - I thought you were dead. Welcome back.

Anonymous said...

You do know I'm always just a phone call away right? Why do I have to read this stuff on your blog?

And John wasn't dead. I was just keepin him busy. :>