If you know me in the 'real-world'... Keep it to yourself.

Do NOT tell my friends and family about this blog!

This blog is a work in progress. Eventually, when it grows up, it wants to look pretty. Or maybe dark and dangerous.

Hmm... well come back later and see for yourself...

If you want to contact me but are a) too chicken to leave a public comment and
b) too lazy to look up my email address from my profile
use the form below.

Name:
Email Address:

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Tagged!

About a week back I was tagged by suspect. I very stupidly said I'd do it. That was a few days ago, true, but never let it be said that I don't keep my promises.

[Any smartass comments about the movies I like n you'll burn in hell if I have my way.]

1. The last movie you saw in a theater, and current-release movie you still want to see:

Hmmm... these days I seem to be watching only Hindi movies in the theatre. No idea why. Anyway the answer is 'Woh Lamhe'. Just saw it today. If I'd answered this last week I'd have answered 'Lage Raho Munnabhai'.
Current release... maybe 'Dor'.
But definitely want to watch 'Zindagi Rocks' when it releases. [Do y'all see what I mean about my Hindi movie phase.]

2. The last movie you rented/purchased for home viewing:

I don't rent movies any more. When I can buy 5 movies on 1 DVD for just 80 bucks in Bangalore it seems pointless to rent. And when I do buy, I buy in bulk. I last bought 10 DVD's together. I'm not going to list all 50 movies here so I'll answer this by saying the last movie I downloaded was 'Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Man's Chest'.

3. A movie that made you laugh out:

English - Overall the most I remember laughing was at a real old one called 'The General'

Hindi - 'Lage Raho Munnabhai'

4. A movie that made you cry:

English - I can't cry at sad scenes. When people are dying I laugh So here I'm listing 2 movies which always make me cry with... well not happiness. Just some strong emotion.
'While you were sleeping' - the wedding scene when Sandra Bullock leaves Peter at the altar.
'Independence Day' - During the speech.
I've seen both many times. N I cry each n every time.

Hindi - 'Lage Raho Munnabhai'

5. A movie that was a darling of the critics, but you didn't think lived up to the hype:

English - Far too many to name but will just list a few sets that didn't deserve the fame they got.
Mission Impossible 2 & 3 [I loved the original T.V. series n hate Tom Cruise so this is easy]
The Matrix Sequels [Too dark. Literally]
the Godfather Sequels. [yes I love The Godfather. Both the book and the movie. And I hated both Godfather 2 & 3. N I don't care what anyone says]

Hindi - 'Rang De Basanti' [I tried watching this twice at home n fell asleep within the first 10 minutes both times. Since it's India's entry at the Oscars I'm hoping the remaining 21/2 hours are better. ]

6. A movie that you thought was better than the critics:

English - Nope. Got nothing to complain about here. The critics pretty much agree with me.

Hindi - 'Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna' [I've written a full post on it here which says it all.]

7. Favorite animated movie:

English - 'Shrek', 'The Lion King'

Hindi - Don't think I've ever seen one.

8. Favorite Disney Villain:

Don't know if this counts but I love Tom. I always hope he catches Jerry and swallows him whole.

9. Favorite movie musical:

English - I love old English movies so this is a tough one but I think I'll pick 'Seven Wives for Seven Brothers'

Hindi - Almost all Hindi movies are musicals so once again a tough one. Three movies where I really enjoyed the songs are 'Josh', 'Kal Ho Na Ho' and 'Woh Lamhe'.

10. Favorite movies of all-time (up to five):

I'm just going to pick one. N anyone who has a problem with my choice can go suck eggs.

'Shrek'

7 comments:

Kshitij L said...

Tom is not disney. Tom is warner bros.

I'm seeing Dor today! Whee! I always loved Kukunoor's movies, and they've never disappointed, so I bet this turns out just as good.

>last movie I downloaded
naughty naughty...

>the Godfather Sequels
NO! NO! Come on. Godfather II was a MASTERPIECE. A work of ART. How can you NOT like Godfather II?

>RDB
was good. I really liked it. Yeah, it picks up slowly, but pick up it does.

>Shrek
I've said this again and again, people, and I'll say it once more. Where is Reservoir Dogs? You forgot RD in your top 5 lists. If you have a top 1 list, then Reservoir Dogs is the one.

I'll suck the eggs now, please.

(I sent you an email, reply karna ha?)

KD13 said...

@ suspect - Thanks for the heads up about Tom :D
A Disney villain... hmmm... all the villains that come to mind are warner bros characters I think. Does Disney even have villains? And their movies don't count. It should be a series villain to count as a Disney villain to me.
Ok now I'll stop.

Godfather II - Bah!
RDB - *snore*
Shrek - Awwww... cho chweet.

Resevoir Dogs - *scared to admit it* - Not seen. BUT will put it right on my list od to-see movies. N will love it. Or atleast will say that I do.

sudden_sue said...

I'm glad u didn't decide to tag me. Wonder what saved me?

SwB said...

Hi karen, where in Goa you from?

cheers!

SwB said...

LOL @ "Don't know if this counts but I love Tom. I always hope he catches Jerry and swallows him whole."

ditto ... I always secretly hoped Tom would come out triumphant at least once and get that Jerry bugger ... but it never happened :(

KD13 said...

@ s_s - Glad to see ur alive n well. I almost tagged you but knew you'd stop coming by my blog if I did :)

@ saltwater blues - D.Paula. What about u?
Glad Tom's got more support. He needs it :D

SwB said...

I am from Divar ... but when I go to Goa I usually stay at my maternal grandmothers place in Aldona.