If you know me in the 'real-world'... Keep it to yourself.

Do NOT tell my friends and family about this blog!

This blog is a work in progress. Eventually, when it grows up, it wants to look pretty. Or maybe dark and dangerous.

Hmm... well come back later and see for yourself...

If you want to contact me but are a) too chicken to leave a public comment and
b) too lazy to look up my email address from my profile
use the form below.

Name:
Email Address:

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Damn Drunk Tourists!


THE GOOD

The day started of great. Was chatting with a friend till 4 am and had to be up by 5.30 to go for morning mass. [All Souls Day] So decided it didn't make sense to sleep for just an hour an half. So when the electricity went at about 5 am I wasn't really bothered. I was glad it had happened on a day when I was awake. Figured it would be back by the time I got back, just in time for me to take a nap. I enjoyed riding my bike before sunrise to the chapel. Lovely cold breeze. Saw a small crowd on the way but didn't stop cos there were cops and I don't like cops.

THE BAD

Reached the chapel and things went downhill from there. Mass was slow, then had to make polite conversation with someone I don't like and when I got home, still no electricity. My dad went to check and found that some stupid damn tourists wrapped their vehicle around the electricity pole/transformer [whatever]. The transformer actually landed on their car. [So says dad] So no electricity the full day. Maybe more. No lights, no fans, no microwave, the food in the fridge starting to complain about the heat, and worst of all... no Internet!

THE FANTASY


Having been driven out of my home by some idiotic tourists who can't control their liquor here I sit checking my mail and whining about all the work I could have done if I were home.
And as I sit here I meditate on just how vindictive I want to be. I still don't know what happened to the tourists. The saints of Goa usually protect all drunk people here. [They don't protect the innocent souls the drunk drivers run into!] The tourists are probably starting to work out how they're going to recount their adventures once they're back home. But... I can always use my imagination. Apparently the trauma caused by the passage of electric current through the body (as from contact with high voltage lines or being struck by lightning) involves burns and abnormal heart rhythm and unconsciousness. Now that's a very satisfying thought!

16 comments:

Kshitij L said...

I kept you awake the whole night yesterday?

Like I said, this shit is awesome ego gratification...

KD13 said...

LOL... no suspect u didn't keep me up all night. My mom's edict that I go for morning mass did that. I can't get up that early, prefer to stay up instead :D

Kshitij L said...

Get online yaar I'm bored.

KD13 said...

And for those worried about suspect's moral welfare... we played msn minesweeper. I won 26-16. :D

[just had to find a way of putting that in...]

Anonymous said...

i need a blogger id

KD13 said...

@ anonymous - just go to blogger.com and join up :)

Woozie said...

It must be love...

KD13 said...

@ woozie - Anything but! ;>

Woozie said...

It must be genocide?

Jonathan said...

was that mass an obligation? Coz i missed out.

iz said...

Mass. Maybe not. Mass in Goa? Now you're talking! Excuse me while I think up ways to make my trip sound exciting.

Kshitij L said...

Jonathan your brother, karen?

KD13 said...

@ jonathan - no idea if it was a day of obligation or not. It doesn't make a difference in my family. If my mom says 'get ur butt to mass', arguing that it's not a day of obligation would do me absolutely no good! :D
(She says it different but that's what she means.)

@ iz - mass at 6.15 in the morning... yawn... zzzz... even in Goa :)

@ suspect - nope, not my brother. But if he's from Goa no doubt I shall eventually find out that we're cousins of some sort. :D

Anonymous said...

>The saints of Goa usually protect all drunk people here. [They don't protect the innocent souls the drunk drivers run into!]

Amen to that!

I've never gotten hurt in an accident when I was drunk. But I don't wanna count the number of times I had to go home bruised n bleeding cos sum other guy had a drop too much!

Anonymous said...

You do realise that going for mass grudgingly does not count :-P

-MP

KD13 said...

@ john - I'm aware that you speak from experience. :D

@ MP - It counts with my mom and that's the only reason I do it!