If you know me in the 'real-world'... Keep it to yourself.

Do NOT tell my friends and family about this blog!

This blog is a work in progress. Eventually, when it grows up, it wants to look pretty. Or maybe dark and dangerous.

Hmm... well come back later and see for yourself...

If you want to contact me but are a) too chicken to leave a public comment and
b) too lazy to look up my email address from my profile
use the form below.

Name:
Email Address:

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Lucid Dreams

For the past few months I've had many dreams in which I knew that I was dreaming. Since most were terrifying I even managed to extricate myself from them though not without difficulty. Sometimes I managed to wake myself up and on one occasion I dreamt that I woke up. Anyway, it's not something I talk about so I had no idea that it's a common phenomenon called Lucid Dreaming.

The past few days I've been researching Astral Travel as background material for a story I'm writing. The whole concept is fascinating but the best part is that I finally found an everyday explanation for something that I thought was weird. It's great to know that I'm not experiencing something inexplicable.

It makes me hope that many other things that seem insoluble will explain themselves in their own time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I'm not getting sleep. I came online thinking u'd be up fr sure. Why did u pck 2day to sleep? :p

Guess ur fascinated with these 'lucid' dreams. I think they sound a little frightening. From what u sd it soundd like they only are 'lucid' when they r nightmares. Thats not very nice.

KD13 said...

@ susan - hope u managed to catch up on your sleep. I'm still trying to. I had some phone-counselling to do last night that dragged on till dawn.