If you know me in the 'real-world'... Keep it to yourself.

Do NOT tell my friends and family about this blog!

This blog is a work in progress. Eventually, when it grows up, it wants to look pretty. Or maybe dark and dangerous.

Hmm... well come back later and see for yourself...

If you want to contact me but are a) too chicken to leave a public comment and
b) too lazy to look up my email address from my profile
use the form below.

Name:
Email Address:

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Guinea pigs required for relationship testing.

Many people I know I getting married next year. Some of them have chosen partners that are a bit 'unexpected'. It's scary how many people decide to settle down with a 'suitable' person just cos they..

a) Don't have the patience to wait; or
b) Are scared of being lonely.

I know many people in relationships who are lonelier than they ever were when they were single. I think it's high expectations that cause the problem.
People assume that just cos they are in a relationship they need never be alone again. They insist on sharing everything n while that may work for a bit in the end it just seems to drive them apart.

On the other hand relationships grow through sharing...

Ok, I give up. Further testing required.

Hmmm... I think some of the couples I know should volunteer as guinea pigs. I'm sure I could keep them busy with my theories for years together :)

Any takers?

2 comments:

sudden_sue said...

Reading this made me decide i need a blog too. I'm tired of being criticised just cause "hes a guy n ofcourse that makes him wrong".

I always suspected that women use their boyfriends as subjects to test their reactions to their ridiculous moodiness.

As for your dilemma. Here's the answer. My gf n I have no space between us according to me n too much space between us according to her.

Either way unless both people agree, the relationship isn't going to work.

KD13 said...

@ bachelor_boy - It's true that for a relationship to work the particulars of whats 'right' and 'wrong' are not important as long as both the parties agree.

I hope things work out for you. :)