If you know me in the 'real-world'... Keep it to yourself.

Do NOT tell my friends and family about this blog!

This blog is a work in progress. Eventually, when it grows up, it wants to look pretty. Or maybe dark and dangerous.

Hmm... well come back later and see for yourself...

If you want to contact me but are a) too chicken to leave a public comment and
b) too lazy to look up my email address from my profile
use the form below.

Name:
Email Address:

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Serendipity

Serendipity - That's my favourite word. Not for the way it sounds but for what it represents.

My dictionary says it's "Good luck in making unexpected and fortunate discoveries", but to me it's so much more. It's every light that turns green just as you reach it, it's every job offer you receive just when you're wondering where to apply, it's the kitten you find outside your door when you're thinking about adopting one. In short to me it's the exact antithesis of Murphy's Law. Serendipity is what occurs when everything goes right. When every step of the way you can 'feel' the pieces fall into place.

It's what I pray for every day.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should give an award for ur most faithful reader - meee!

Don't worry ur head about the prize. I'll thnk of sumthing.

KD13 said...

Done. You think of a prize n then run it by me.

*snigger*

Mandar said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

You've really put forth an interesting thought here. And it's got me thinking a bit more than usual :)

I'm a die-hard fan of Murphy's laws...through and through! And I stand by it even now. Extrapolating your definition of serendipity, it really boils down to the reapplication of Murphy's laws to...Murphy's laws! :) As a result, anything that can go wrong, well, won't! Exactly your definition of serendipity now eh? ;)

Okay, maybe I've lost it - its past midnight and my head's groggy. But I think I've written just about enough to get you to retort back! :) What say you?

KD13 said...

@ mandar - so it all boils down to this... Serendipity is either the state when things that could go wrong, don't go wrong or... the state where things that could go 'right', do go 'right' :D

Either way it's a much nicer belief than Murphy's Law which often seems to have a personal grudge against me!

Anonymous said...

Ahh! Now that one would have got even Murphy himself smiling!!! :D

tangled said...

You have a pretty mind.

KD13 said...

@ tangled - I think that's the most beautiful compliment I've received in a long time... :D

Thanks!